Level: Beginner – Intermediate
In this training product “3D start to finish”, you will learn the workflow from modelling to creating an animation movie clip, with the free and open source graphic tools: Blender, Gimp and Inkscape.
- In Blender we are going to model, uv-unwrap, apply materials, light the scene, animate the camera, and the layout of the book.
- In Inkscape we create the layout for the book cover, and export it to blender, where it is going to be animated.
- In Gimp we have a look at photo realistic texturing, and create the color-, bump-, and spec- maps for the leather material.
- Finally we give our movie the final look, and create a movie clip in Blender.
- We are also taking a look at techniques, to make the leather material look worn and damaged.
At the end of this training, you will have a good understanding of the texturing workflow in Blender, Gimp and Inkscape. You will also be able to modell and light your scenes, do compositing, animating and render your finished animation movie clips.
- 214 min of video
- Blender basics for new blender users
- Scene files
- Download Size: 2.1 GB
- Modelling and UV Export
- Layout design for the book cover in Inkscape
- Preparing the layout in Blender
- Animating the layout in Blender
- Photorealistic texturing in Gimp
- Applying textures in Blender
- Compositing in Blender
- Creating camera rigs in Blender
- Add a particle animation for the background
- Animating cameras
- Improve lighting of the scenes
- Video editing in Blender
- Making the leather material more worn and damaged in Gimp